Monday, May 13, 2013

Post-TCAF

Photo courtesy of @portablecity


Well that was super fun.

I'm relieved, actually. As excited as I was to attend my first TCAF, I was also slightly nervous that my book Teuton and super-hero ladden portfolio wouldn't fit in, but everything went fairly well. While it's true that drawings of caped crusaders have their place at other cons, I found all the people attending TCAF to be open-minded, curious, and eager to discover something completely new. So thank you kindly to everyone who visited and showed their support. Whether you picked up Teuton, Undertow or Book of Methuselah, I hope you return for more.

There's a whole world of comic culture that I've now only just exposed myself too, and it awakens things in my creativity that urges me to take part in it all. I was inspired by everything I saw from friends and strangers alike. Once again I'm excited for the future and at what I may create.

There's a whole ton of other people to thank and acknowledge for making this weekend worthwhile...

Thanks to my pals and table mates Brian Evinou and Fred Kennedy for putting up with me. Thanks to Shane Heron for being a pal and nursing me through my miserable hangover. Thanks to Sam Noir for generously giving me a lift, sparing me a cold and soaking wet walk to Union Station. Thanks to Agnes Garbowska, Meaghan Carter, Marta Chudolinska, Alice Quinn, Marvin Law, Rachel Kahn, Kevin, Shaun, Anna, Leo, Jason, Allison, Adam, Steph, Mike, and all you other beautiful people who said Hello and dropped some coin. Sorry for the acid tongue on Sunday.
 

Here's a few drawings from the weekend, including a super spoilery Game Of Thrones sketch. Reader beware...



+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+



No comments:

Post a Comment