Thursday, November 20, 2014

Pages and Panels

http://kyle-welch-c8u4.squarespace.com/blog/2014/11/18/pages-and-panels-47-adam-gorham-and-zero-12


In more ZERO news, I was interviewed by Kyle Welch ( @KyleOverkill ) for his weekly podcast Pages and Panels. You can listen to the whole episode here.

It was a thrill to talk about not only my work on issue twelve, the series as a whole. A little known fact: I helped Michael Walsh ink the first issue of Zero over a year ago, and I've been invested ever since.

Edward Zero's story is a compelling one, a story I see often misunderstood by those who come to the book expecting standard action fare. Zero is not James Bond. It's a deconstruction of that archetype and an examination of what violence does to the male psyche. More than that, it's about unplugging from the war machine and rejecting state programming to find humanity. It's great subversive writing and I love it.

I'm less eloquent in my speech than I am in writing, but it's a worth a listen if you enjoy the series and behind-the-scenes looks at the making of a comic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment