Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Adventure Time: Marceline Gone Adrift #2


I'm pretty excited about New Comic Day today because Adventure Time: Marceline Gone Adrift #2 hits stores and it sports a cover drawn by me and coloured by my good pal Brian Evinou.

Like many people, I really enjoy Adventure Time. The cartoon is very fun and silly but also quite earnest and imparts kind messages. The comics written by Ryan North were pretty hilarious. I also really love the covers for these books. They're such a blast! For this new title alone the covers have been pretty gorgeous--and I got to do one! I feel very lucky to have been given the opportunity. So I'm quite thankful to Eric and Whitney at Boom! Studios for making it happen. Thanks, guys!

When I was initially pitching myself for a potential cover, I threw a bunch of ideas at the wall. Without any specific story or book to work from, it was at first a little challenging to spitball ideas, but boy was it ever a hoot

Even once a concept was settled on it needed some tailoring to fit the title. For those of you who enjoy seeing process stuff, please enjoy the images below!




 


No comments:

Post a Comment